A survey revealed that 6 out of 10 Americans worry about being “out-gifted” during the holiday season.
In fact, 62% see gift-giving as the most stressful part of the holidays because of how meaningful it can be for loved ones.
Fortunately, Christmas isn’t entirely centered around gifts. It’s all about creating happy memories with our closest friends and family, as well as sharing the holiday spirit with everyone. And social media is full of examples of these wholesome moments.
1. “The baby fell asleep while waiting to take a photo with Santa, so he made the best of it.”
2. “Desaturated Santa is still the best costume I’ve ever done (not photoshopped).”
3. “My daughter experiencing her first Christmas tree”
4. “This year I settled on the biggest tree I could find!”
5. “Our school lunch lady made this Christmas display by hand.”
6. “I’m a nurse and I came to work like this to cheer up my patients.”
“If my ICU patients forget for just a few minutes that they’re stuck in the ICU over Christmas, then it was all worth it.”
7. “Someone in my neighborhood is making good use of their low hanging oak tree branches this Christmas.”
8. “When your friend says he’ll pick you up from the airport on Christmas Eve.”
9. “I haven’t seen my parents for over a year, so I decided to surprise them for Christmas.”
“This is my mother’s face when she realized that Santa was me.”
10. “My sister thought my leg could use more holiday spirit.”
11. “This year, I began living alone for the first time. This is my Christmas card.”
12. “My 11-year-old son’s homemade ugly Christmas sweater”
13. “Made this a few years back for a Christmas party.”
“60 feet of lights, hand sewn onto the dress, coupled with several sheets of gem stickers and hundreds of mini ornaments.”
14. “My family recreated our Christmas photo 20 years later.”
15. “My 92-year-old grandma had never been to see Santa. We finally made it happen this Christmas.”